These are the things that mean we have reached high Summer…
- Poppies! Oh! we do love the splashy bright red Poppies!
- Summer Squash…Pattypans, Zucchini, Bennings Green Tint, Serpentine Zucchini and Spaghetti Squash. Is there any garden vegetable more generous than Summer Squash?
- Artichokes! We did it! There are actual chokes on the “bit of a gamble” Artichoke plants… phewf.
- Cucumbers, finally there are Cucumbers and just look at those sweet little Crystal Apple Cucumbers.
- Bee Balm flowers… love Bee Balm. It is so very Seuss-ical.
It is a relief to see the weather turning warmer. The snap beans are gearing up and the Winter Squash vines are looking pretty great.
That must mean it is time to start picking Blueberries!
Wild and Blue. Lovely.4